Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The ever-evolving life of Olive

Olive's most recent growth spurt has ended!  She's now in the 75th percentile for weight!  :)  Last Thursday she weighed in at 11.5 pounds.  She's almost doubled her birth weight.  Amazing!  She's completely average (50th percentile) in all other arenas including head circumfrence and height. 

Olive is also sleeping like a champ (for now).  Last night I experienced 8.5 blissful hours of uninterrupted sleep.  The strange thing about getting good sleep is that I feel exhausted in the morning.  I think I had trained my body to get by on a lot less.  I've learned in my parenting group that sleep often falls apart around 12 weeks.  That gives me up to another 1.5 weeks to pretend these sleep filled nights will never end.  :) 

Matt's parents have been here since last Thursday.  It's been wonderful seeing them with Olive.  Deborah has been dominating Dan for Olive time.  :)  They're still deciding what they want to be called.  Last night it was suggested (by me) that Deb go by GaGa.  GaGa Garson has a nice ring to it.  Not to be outdone, Dan began considering the name Ziggy, which is sort of similar to the Yiddish word for grandfather, Zeidy.  The jury is still out on that one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment