Sunday, February 14, 2010

East Coast Vacation

There may be radio silence here for the next week.  We're in Boston visiting Matt's family.  We're headed to NYC on Tuesday to visit Wendy & Mike and Craig & Sam. 

Today was a beautiful day, sunny but cold.  With wind chill, it was probably below 20 degrees.  I felt like I was waddling around like a snowman between my growing belly and layers of clothing.  I've outgrown all of my jeans now.  Luckily, my former boss and friend, Helene, surprised me with a black Bella Band which I have been wearing for the last several days.  I've since purchased two more bands in different colors.  It feels kind of funny walking around with my pants unzipped and unbuttoned but at least I can still wear my regular clothes for a while longer.  :)

There's another new addition to the nursery, purchased on a whim late last week.  After looking through tons and tons of photos of real nurseries, there were two in particular I felt incredibly inspired by:  this one and this one.   I absolutely love the animal head hanging from the wall in the first nursery.  Which is why I had to snag one of these after seeing them hanging in Anthropologie last week:


We decided on the zebra head after reading that babies are most attracted to the high contrast of black and white.  Hopefully the baby likes a jungle theme since that's what seems to be transpiring in her/his room! 

No comments:

Post a Comment