Wednesday, June 30, 2010

37 weeks


We're in the home stretch now but it still feels like it's going to take forever!  It's a little hard for me to imagine that I might be pregnant for another 4+ weeks (if I'm late).  We haven't gone out of town or done anything we'd normally do at this time of year in a couple months.  No roadtrips, hikes, dinners out with friends and several bottles of wine, etc.  I always look forward to the July 4th weekend in Seattle because typically that means summer weather is just around the corner.  It's not looking so this year though.  Sigh. 

I've stopped running as per my doula's advice.  Actually, that's not true.  I still jog slowly for a couple of minutes but otherwise I've been doing all of my cardio on the elliptical machine.  Our doula, who is a runner herself, suggested that I not put unnecessary pressure on my bladder in these last few weeks.  I didn't argue!  :)  I have also continued lifting light weights.  There's no way I could have stopped exercising entirely during my pregnancy so I'm glad I never got those orders from our OB.  But I also wonder how much of a difference it might make in labor that I've maintained my level of fitness. 

Everything is ready for the baby.  Carseat bases are installed in both cars.  The bassinet is equipped with sheets and waterproof mattress pads.  Even our bed now has a waterproof layer under my side in case my water breaks at night.  A shipment of the greenest disposable diapers we could find are on their way (we plan to eventually transition to cloth, but newborns fit disposables better).  The breast pump Liz gave me is fully equipped with new parts (thanks Liz!!).  A name for each sex has been chosen.  Maybe I shouldn't be so ambitious and productive.  If I still had tons left to do, maybe I'd be sitting here thinking "don't come yet baby!" 

1 comment:

  1. Ha Ha WOW things can change in a few days. :-) Hang in there, you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete