Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My Growing Body

Like many women, I'm not looking forward to getting huge during this pregnancy! In fact, prior to getting pregnant I was happier with my body than I've ever been. I'd seen a trainer a few times and had a couple workouts I really liked. I'd been doing less cardio (previously my only focus) and more weight-training. I guess I should feel lucky going into my first pregnancy in the best shape of my life.

I'm at 13 weeks and I've gained about 2 pounds. My OB says that's perfectly normal. She also said I could expect to see a big jump this month (5-6 pounds). I'm still wearing all of my regular pants and jeans. I'd like to make it through the coldest months before getting too huge. I'd prefer not to have to buy a new winter coat that will undoubtely make me look like a tent.

My goal is to eat healthy, exercise regularly, and see how much weight my body wants to gain. Still, I longingly look into my closet at all of my pretty tops and pencil skirts and tailored dresses and I can't help but feel a little sad that I won't be wearing any of those clothes for at least a year probably!

No comments:

Post a Comment