Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Predicting gender the old-fashioned way

There are dozens of old wives' tales that predict gender. I don't believe in any of them but I can still have fun with them. :)

(My answers are bolded)

Sleep Position
Pay attention to which way you lay down in bed at night. If you prefer sleeping on your left side, you’ll have a boy. Right side? You’re pregnant with a girl.
INCONCLUSIVE. I sleep on my stomach still. When I do sleep on my side, it's a toss-up, right or left. Left if I want to snuggle Matt. Right if I want fresh air (our sliding door is on my right side).

Upset Stomach
Little girls aren’t always sweet. Extreme nausea means you are having a daughter.
GIRL. Although, I don't think my nausea could be classified as extreme.

Mood Changes
If you’re experiencing pregnant mood-swings, expect a baby girl to arrive soon.
BOY.

Soft or Dry Hands
If your hands are dry during pregnancy, you are having a boy; soft—expect a girl.
BOY. It's winter, aren't your hands dry?

Food Cravings
Your favorite pregnancy foods may tell you what sex the baby is. If you’re craving citrus while pregnant, you’re having a girl.
GIRL. I'm obsessed with OJ and cuties.

Adult Acne
If altering hormones makes your skin break out, expect a girl.
BOY.

Graceful or Clumsy Pregnancy
If you feel as though you’re gliding through they day, you’ll have a girl. Stumbling? It’s a boy.
GIRL.

Face Weight Gain
If your face gets fuller, it means you’re having a girl.
TOO SOON TO TELL. I haven't gained enough weight overall yet.

Sugar and Spice Food Cravings
Craving salt during pregnancy? Potato chips, pretzels, and popcorn means a boy is on the way. Need a little something sweet? Ice cream, chocolate, and candy means you’re having a girl.
BOTH. I'm craving salty nuts and crackers as well as ice cream and cookies.

High or Low Pregnant Belly
If you’re carrying the baby low on your stomach, expect a boy. If it’s high, you’re having a girl.
TOO SOON TO TELL. I'm not far along enough.

Baby Weight
If you’re carrying baby in front, it’s a boy. Is the baby weight spaced all around your middle? It’s a girl.
TOO SOON TO TELL. I'm not far along enough.

Model Your Hands
"Show me your hands." If you would hold your hands palms up it’s a girl. Down? You’re having a boy.
WHO COMES UP WITH THESE? I have no idea how I'd to this naturally.

Toddler Advice
Get baby advice from a nephew or friend’s little boy. If a toddler boy shows interest in your belly, you’ll have a girl. If he ignores you, it’s a boy.
DOES ANYONE WANT TO LET ME BORROW THEIR BOY TODDLER?

Even and Odd Numbers
If your age and year of conception are both even or odd, it’s girl. One even, one odd means a boy.
BOY. (32 and 2009)

Baby’s Heartbeat
If the baby’s heart beats more than 150 times per minute, you’re pregnant with a girl. Less than 150, it’s a boy.
GIRL. (I think it was around 170 at our first ultrasound!)

Stress Test
A child tends to be of the same sex as the parent who is less stressed at the time of conception.
ARE WE SUPPOSED TO FIGHT OVER WHO WAS LESS STRESSED?

Dream Meanings
If you dream about having a girl while pregnant, you will wind up having a boy and vice versa.
IN MY WAKING LIFE, I'M GETTING BOY VIBES, BUT WHO KNOWS?! I haven't had any dreams about gender.

Breast Size
If your right breast is larger than the left while pregnant, you are having a boy. If the left is larger, it’s a baby girl.
GIRL. Geez, this is personal!

Mama's Hair
If your hair is full of body, with a lusterous shine, you're having a boy. If it is thin and stringy, you're having a girl.
BOY.

Mama's Leg Hair
If your leg hair is growing faster, you're having a boy. If it is the same as before you were pregnant, you're having a girl.
GIRL.

Cold Feet
If your feet are colder now than before you get pregnant, you're having a boy.
BOY.

Dad gaining weight?
If the Dad is gaining weight in sympathy with you, you're having a girl.
BOY.

FINAL SCORE (I only counted conclusive answers)
GIRL = 6
BOY = 7

Gee, this aligns well with the real-life possibility that I have a 50/50 chance of having a boy or girl! :) I'll update this list as my pregnancy progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment