Thursday, January 28, 2010

Tomorrow

Tomorrow we have a regular check-up appointment with our OB.   It's seems like forever since we were there last.  A couple of weeks ago, I was so anxious and tense about wanting to hear Tray's heartbeat again, I was starting to freak myself out.  I hear this behavior is normal.  I've never been someone who needs a lot of reassurance but bringing a baby on board has definitely left me feeling needy.  I just need to know that everything is okay still! 

In other news, I've agreed to participate in a migraine/preeclampsia  study with Swedish Medical Center (where we will deliver) and the National Institute of Health.  There's no compensation involved but I've known enough women who have been affected by preeclampsia that I figured it's the least I can do.   The study is pretty low-key.  They'll take a sample of my blood on Friday and send me home with a couple written surveys that shouldn't take longer than 15 minutes each.  Around 20 weeks, I'll do a 1 hour phone interview.  There is one requirement of participating that made me hesitate though.  After I deliver, they need a sample of tissue from my placenta.  Luckily, this doesn't actually involve me in anyway since, I will assume, I won't want anything to do with my placenta!  :) 

On an entirely unrelated note, please feel free to comment!  It's fun getting comments.  It makes it seem like I'm not just posting into a black hole.  Also, please take our fun little surveys along the left sidebar. 

Looking forward to tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. It's on, if I don't win the lottery I better win this guess.

    http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=dDJ1ODVoZDU1dWhoZjI5aDJ0OGE2dDB0N3NAZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I participated in a study too. However, they only collected placentas during normal business hours and we delivered in the early a.m. Oh yeah and you totally won't care about the placenta as you'll be holding your baby and the whole rest of the world goes away.

    -EH

    ReplyDelete