Saturday, January 30, 2010

Active Baby!

Yesterday ended one of the most challenging weeks I've had in a very long time!  Work was completely insane, my professional activities were on full throttle, our car broke down and we found out we're looking at $1,000 worth of repairs, and I'm still completely exhausted on a daily basis. Everyone says the morning sickness and exhaustion should go away at the end of the 2nd trimester.  I'm nearly done with my 16th week and still every morning I get that feeling like I shouldn't brush my teeth or else!  For the 3rd month straight, bedtime is no later than 9pm. 

But all of this was made better yesterday when we got to hear our baby's heartbeat!!  Tray's heartbeat is strong and, according to the OB, Tray is a very active baby!  S/he was trying to swim away from the doppler and the OB had to chase her/him across my belly!  The OB says everything sounds great and my bump is exactly where it should be. 

I was surprised to learn that I've only gained 3 pounds overall.  Tell that to my jeans!  We're told that's normal and a lot of women don't put on the majority of their weight until further along in their pregnancy.    Still, it made me wish I had a healthy appetite and wanted to eat.  I'm still at the point when nothing sounds good, and that's especially true later in the day.  Poor Matt asks me if lentil soup sounds good or lamb burgers or some other meal made with all of his love, and I just shake my head.  Nothing sounds good but I'll eat it.

This weekend is going to be dedicated to the nursery.  The to-do list includes:

  • putting up a picture molding in the nursery
  • buying paint (this is the color we plan to use but in a zero-VOC brand -- it's called Glistening Moonlight)
  • designing an Elfa closet for the nursery (and taking advantage of their annual sale!)
And because every post should have a photo, here's a snap of a little pillow case I bought the other day:


2 comments:

  1. So glad your baby is thriving! Thank you for sharing this incredible adventure w/us!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby Tray's Poppie and Nonnie are sooooo! excited.

    ReplyDelete